Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gleeking Out

I forgot to mention this in my fall TV round-up, but the highly anticipated Glee starts tonight. I watched the preview episode, and despite finding it remarkably like every other high school underdog story ever, I feel compelled to watch it. It might just be the internet hive mind getting to me, or the fact that I couldn't help but listen to the cast's rendition of "Push It" on repeat last night. I'm hoping that this show can charm its way past just being another teen dramedy featuring actors portraying characters who are ten years their junior.

From what was seen in the preview, Glee seems like it needs time to reach its full potential. Sassy Black Diva and Asian Goth Chick Who Probably Loves Anime? Seriously? Hopefully these characters will develop with time and become more than just stereotypes.

At any rate, it has to be better than Vampire Diaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment