Tuesday, September 22, 2009

TV mini-reviews: Bored To Death, Gossip Girl, The Big Bang Theory



Bored To Death 1x01
It's Jason Schwartzman doing an HBO show, so I knew it was going to be good. I may have set my expectations a little too high, but I think it's going to get better as it progresses. Schwartzman plays Jonathan Ames, a struggling writer who begins working as an unlicensed private detective on a whim with the help of his favorite detective novels. The aesthetics are crisp, the humor is deadpan and witty, and I can't wait to see where this goes and how the characters develop. A Schwartzman-penned theme song doesn't hurt, either.

Gossip Girl 3x02
This episode was all about the tables being turned, except for Serena, of course. I'm not sure why I'm trying to review something that I don't actually take seriously, other than that insomnia does amazing things. I will say, however, that this show has some really great montages. They're always well-edited and fit together perfectly and help to compensate for things like references to "the Bass cave."

The Big Bang Theory 3x01
I have nothing to say about this other than that Leonard needs to learn about bros before hos.

No comments:

Post a Comment